[Sca-cooks] OOP: Passover cakes (was Re: Seder)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 21 09:22:50 PST 2002

On 21 Mar 2002, at 11:01, Pixel, Goddess and Queen wrote:

> But I *want* a traditional birthday cake! With lemon curd filling and
> butter and flour and stuff. *pout* *sulk*

> Margaret, who is being stubborn about this whole thing

Okay.

Here's a Passover yellow cake:
http://www.jewish-food.org/recipes/pasyello.htm

Here's a lemon curd recipe:
http://www.foodtv.com/recipes/re-c1/0,,133,00.html

And standard buttercream recipe will do, if you use KFP
confectioner's sugar.

It will be dairy, of course, but I'm sure you could adjust meals
accordingly, if that's an issue for you.

And if that isn't good enough, you can darn well stick a candle on a
piece of matzoh!  :-)

Brighid, pouting right back atcha

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net