[Sca-cooks] OOP: Passover cakes (was Re: Seder)

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Mar 21 09:49:10 PST 2002

> > But I *want* a traditional birthday cake! With lemon curd filling and
> > butter and flour and stuff. *pout* *sulk*
>
> > Margaret, who is being stubborn about this whole thing
>
> Okay.
>
> Here's a Passover yellow cake:
> http://www.jewish-food.org/recipes/pasyello.htm
>
> Here's a lemon curd recipe:
> http://www.foodtv.com/recipes/re-c1/0,,133,00.html
>
> And standard buttercream recipe will do, if you use KFP
> confectioner's sugar.
>
> It will be dairy, of course, but I'm sure you could adjust meals
> accordingly, if that's an issue for you.
>
> And if that isn't good enough, you can darn well stick a candle on a
> piece of matzoh!  :-)
>
> Brighid, pouting right back atcha

:-P

Papa! She's ruining my sulk! And I worked so hard on it!

[If I weren't going to be in NJ for Passover...]

I'll just have to have a birthday party later, is all. A Scotch
tasting. But we'll have the cake first. :-)

Now I'm really wondering if one could make a k for p steamed sponge
cake...

Margaret