[Sca-cooks] Re:OOP: Stove info wanted

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Mar 23 10:26:06 PST 2002

I'd suggest going over to the nearest
library and looking at the back issues of
Consumers Reports and Consumers Digests for
their reviews and best buy advice. They also
give you checklist of what to look for and think
about.

I have a Jenn-Aire and I love it... electric with
convection oven or I can reg. bake or roast in it.
Self-cleaning; etc. Black top flat and no I do not
have problems cleaning it nor does it scratch.
And I do not have a range hood because  I refuse to
vent it into and through the master bedroom walk-in
closet. I do all my heavy "smoke" or blackened
dishes on the gas grill outside.
When we build, the stove will on an outside wall,
so I can vent it directly outside... just like the
clothes dryer.

Johnna