[Sca-cooks] horseradish fries

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 25 11:09:44 PST 2002

> >>  That same grated root, with or without the vinegar, is also good with
> >>  sour cream as a roast beef sauce.
> >
> >Yes, horseradish sauce on roast beef or on a roast beef sandwich
> >can be wonderful. I hadn't considered using sour cream as a
> >base. That sounds good.

This won't work for a sauce that has to be stored in packets or bottles, but
Lawry's Prime Rib Restaurant, where the question is not what's for dinner but
how rare do you want it, serves a horseradish sauce based on whipped cream.
Their recipe follows.

http://www.lawrysonline.com/primerib/m_recipes.html
Lawry's Whipped Cream Horseradish

   1 cup whipping cream
   1/4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
   2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, well drained or 4 tablespoons
   finely grated fresh horseradish root
   Dash Tabasco sauce

   Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in Seasoned Salt, horseradish
   and Tabasco until well mixed.

   Makes 6 servings.

Have a spicy day!
Selene, Caid