[Sca-cooks] Beef stew- redaction question

Catherine Hartley catherine1966 at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 25 17:27:03 PST 2002

I have made this more or less you way and also with home made bread using
half whole wheat flour and half bread flour. The home made bread thickened
the sauce a lot, but it wasn't sticky-gooey. I always meant to try it again
with less bread, (but we never go to make the stew at Gulf War this year)...

The time I made this recipe with store bought wheat bread turned out more
gelatinous as yours did. I am not quite sure what is different between the
two types of bread, but I much preferred the home made bread version (as did
everyone else). I have made it with bread crumbs as well and get the more
sticky broth.

Caitlin of Enniskillen