[Sca-cooks] Tableware

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Mon Mar 25 19:39:38 PST 2002

Ok now this is definitely Not Period I am sure but they are pretty...
and are period appearing...
Hit on of the "Discount" "Pottery" places... Now I know that sounds
weird but I am not sure what they would be called wherever you are...
Down here it would be a store called Waccamaw Pottery. Hit the dish or
china section... check out what is called the "Chargers" sort of a dish
that goes under your dish. They are usually brass, pewter, wood or
something else neat.  They also look great for feasts!!!

For utensils I suggest Pier One.  I am not sure of the brand name but
there is a twisted handeled silverish set that we bought for our family
to use they are simply beautiful.

However like I said not really period...

Final suggestion is sort of period and I am so far as I have seen... the
only one to do this around here...
Hit the candle store/craft store/general brick a brack store... try and
locate a potpourri holder/floating candle holder/glass bead holder
thing.  (OK all I know is that I have seen them used for all three of
those.)
Essentially it looks like a big martini glass with no stem being held in
a metal stand. I found one that holds 3 at once in a tiered formation.
(Perfect for us at the time, I am now looking for a four tiered one...)
the glass vases for lack of better term are nice and thick but are about
like holding a kitchen glass.
Essentially it makes a really nice Tumbler set. (Just don't drink
heavily and forget that you can't set them down on the table...OOOPS!!!)
I have seen singles of those so I know that they are out there.
Most of that is rather cheap I think the most expensive was the
utensils... but shop around.

Nichola