[Sca-cooks] KFC:::was::::Re: bread bowls

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Mar 26 15:50:56 PST 2002

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>At 05:34 PM 3/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
>>Then again, we've had real pizza pretty much since WWII or before, so
>>it is not without compensation. And I STR we had Chicken Delight when
>>I was a kid, not that it's something my parents would have spent
>>money on.
>
>Heh heh... my parents were so young (and in SoCal, which had something to
>do with it) that I learned to drink from a straw before I could drink from
>a cup. And I LOOOOVED french fries! At some new-fangled Scottish burger
>joint with a giant yellow 'M' out front...
>
>'Lainie
>who still loves french fries- but now they go straight to my waist!

Seriously, though, there used to be some interesting fast food chain
concepts that have come and (AFAIK) gone over the years. For example,
there used to be a chain that sold (I think) Austrian sausages and
schnitzels called Zum Zum. Very ordinary plastic-y fast-food decor,
as I recall. Since I was probably eleven when they were around, I
don't remember if they sold beer, but I imagine so.

I guess for those who grew up in the birth of the fast food industry
(a process lasting at least a generation, I'd think), things aren't
so cut-and-dried as younger people assume.

Adamantius (not claiming to be old or anything)