[Sca-cooks] Fish and Chip places (OOP)

denterleather1 denterleather1 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 28 14:44:33 PST 2002

> This place sounds like it might be (have been?) interesting. Do they
> sell different types of hard cider?
>
> --------
>THe Cider place Gardo's, sold various forms of cider hot or cold, teas hot
or cold. Nothing in a "hard" cider, Now you have to realize that this was
when Haight/Ashbury was hippie heaven. Gardo's had a balcony that ran across
the back of the shop, sort of a half second floor and it was furnitured with
low tables and cushions.  I remember a day when there were twenty or thirty
folks up there drinking cider and smoking and one fella crawling around
asking if anyone had a regular cigarette:).

YIS Elric