[Sca-cooks] Re: [Directors] I quit

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu Mar 28 16:57:31 PST 2002

    Document?!? Something?!? in the SCA?!?!?! C'mon, you have a better
chance of translating the Rosetta stone with a Captain Billy's Whizz-Bang
decoder ring and a copy of the Qabalarian Manifesto than getting any officer
anywhere of actually committing themselves to paper.
    Remember the old SCA saying "Non Scriptum, Non Est"? Turn it around, and
you have the reality. If I didn't write it, no matter what I said in front
of numerous witnesses, it doesn't count. Anything committed to paper can
come back to haunt me, though, so therefore I won't respond. Been there,
been frustrated.
    Even if Kingdom Law requires a response, if it's something they don't
want to deal with, they ignore it. And the Kingdoms won't enforce their own
laws. The board is worse than useless in this capacity - their primary
function is to cover things up and maintain the status quo. Justice, honor,
integrity, all these things fall outside their area of concern.
    I've been trying to get a response out of the Kingdom Officer
responsible for our Kingdom Land Fund (currently sitting at about $45K) as
to its disposition for about 6 months . . . No response. In violation of
Kingdom Law. Do I think I'll get one . . .? No. He's a Knight and a Duke,
and is therefore beyond the reach of either Kingdom Law or Corpora. Do I
think Kingdom will do anything about it? No, he's a Knight and a Duke.  Do I
think the BoD will do anything about it? No. He's a Knight and a Duke. So
are they, and they'd never upset the applecart.
    Document? Jeesh, I wish I could afford your brand of dope . . . Ya
bogart . . .

    Sieggy