[Sca-cooks] Whole to ground spice equivalents

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Mar 31 06:54:43 PST 2002

Also sprach Bronwynmgn at aol.com:
>--
>In a message dated 3/31/2002 9:06:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>mooncat at in-tch.com writes:
>
>  > "Food for Fifty??"
>My mom was able to order it for me from a small local bookstore with no
>difficulty. Being a textbook, it is of course priced accordingly - something
>around $50 about 5 years ago.

I think I got mine in 1989 or 90, it has $31.95 printed on the dust
jacket, and I think I must have just gotten it at B&N or some such
for that price. I have a significant number of other such books, some
of which I've bought at school bookshops or at JB Prince (still the
One True Culinary Disneyland for everything but the food itself, even
if they have moved and done away with their Discontinued Items Room),
but I STR that FFF at $31.95 was a comparative bargain.

However, I also see FFF listed by Bookfinder.com at anything from $50
or $60 to over $90, new, and in some cases, nearly that much, used.
(There was one used copy for $15.) I wonder if this is an example of
the Soup For The Qan phenomenon...

Adamantius