[Sca-cooks] Getting to Pennsic

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri May 17 23:40:52 PDT 2002

Aurore commented:
> Drool.  Must make it to Pennsic one year, just to meet those that
> live on that side of the states.

Well, why not this year? I know some of the difficulties, since you
live only about an hour north of me. There are a number of people
who drive up to Pennsic each year from this kingdom. It is however,
about a 27 hour drive. And since I don't drive, the rides up there
were rather hit or miss. Using this method I did get up there for
Pennsic 21, 23 and 25.

Flying up there is also possible. Thanks to some nice folks on
this list, who were willing to pick me up at the airport, having
only met me on this list, I got to go to Pennsic 27. At that
Pennsic I met Phlip and the folks that became the SPCA household.
They have been nice enough to pick me up at the airport and get
me back there, for three years in a row. They have even loaned
me a tent and other gear so I don't have to carry it back and
forth.

If this sounds like something you would like to do, while I can't
speak for the household, I think we can probably help you out.

If you would like to camp with a camp full of cooks, I imagine
SPCA would welcome you. However, because the land situation is
so tight, you need to pre-register since land, unless you have
the privileges of the Royal encampment or other arrangements, is
allocated by the number of people pre-registered for your camp.

You need to pre-register before the end of May. But you can get
all but a $10 processing fee back if you need to cancel before,
I think, July 31.

If you would like more of the details on how I've handled flying
up to Pennsic, feel free to email me. Aurore, since I will
probably be seeing you at Steppes Warlord in a few weeks, we can
also talk then. But that is too late to register.

> Then I'll move in under Olwen's
> table to catch the yummy scraps from the top.

Well yes, you could do that. Or you could camp with SPCA and have
a wonderful set of meals, including duck and duck enchilladas, and
one year, Crown Roast of lamb, instead of begging scraps from the
Blackstar encampment. :-)

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net