[Sca-cooks] modern feast menu omissions

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed May 1 11:17:08 PDT 2002

At 12:58 PM 5/1/02 -0500, you wrote:

>well, I happen to have one of those corporate food processing plant menus on
>my desk [burp-we did take out from Chili's today on one of the agents. I am
>not going to turn down free food simply because it is from a corporate
>recipe...]
>
>They don't just chuck out a basket of rolls, everything you get is listed on
>the menu - frex the cajun chicken alfredo lists that it comes with a piece
>of tost, anything extra costs. my ribeye came with veggies [the horrors of
>wilted steamed-in-the-styro 'grilled' veggies ;-( ] smashed potatos and a
>tossed salad. The only extras it is listed as getting is mushrooms or fried
>shrimps. I don't know what would happen if I had the temerity to actually
>ask for toast or anything...
>margali

Oog.
I went to dinner with Malcolm and Morwyn Sunday evening before we left from
Eugene. We went to Poppi's Anatolia, across from teh McDonald Theatre
downtown. Wunnaful wunnaful Greek food. As soon as we sat down, they
brought us a huge hunk of artisan bread- whole grained something with
fennel seeds in it, and a plate of real butter. It was yummy to nibble on
while we tried to decide what to eat (we ended up each getting something
interesting, and then sharing around the table). And no, the bread wasn't
on the menu...

'Lainie
-the Egyptian Moussaka was YUMMY...