[Sca-cooks] Tornadoes in Maryland

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu May 2 06:47:14 PDT 2002

Trust me....I know.  I am so very thankful that the thing didn't come any
closer!  To be truthful, it was headed directly for us when, for whatever
reason (one of our locals think that it was because even a tornado wouldn't
dare to hit the house of their B&B), it turned slightly south.  Don't know
why it did, just VERY grateful that it did.  However, unfortunately, in
doing so, it hit the house of an elderly couple and killed the wife (78).
The husband (68) would up in the hospital with severe injuries.  So yes, it
was a bother...but for someone who had never been that close to a tornado
that severe, it was a bit of a scary bother!

Kiri