[Sca-cooks] Paul Masson Wine

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 15:58:39 PDT 2002

> In a message dated 5/2/2002 11:27:12 AM Alaskan
> Daylight Time,
> Seton1355 at aol.com writes:
>

> > I was going to add some of it to my soup today but
> when I opened the carafe
> > (lid made of a metal flat "can top" with a plastic
> edge to "snap" on to the
> > carafe) anyway , the wine was cloudy and it didn't
> smell *exactly* like
> > wine,
> > it just sort of smelled  ~old~
> >
> > I decided to thow it out, but does anybody have
> any opinions on year old
> > wine?(and I don;t mean vintage LOL!!)

Cuz, if you can't use it in a day or two, throw it
out. What you pitched was garbage- the minute you open
a bottle and expose it to air, it starts
deterioration. For the first 5 minutes or so, this is
an asset- after that, it needs to be swallowed.

One way to have wine around and avoiding the
deterioration factor is to buy the boxed wines- they
have them in two-liter boxes, and the valve is set so
that air doesn't get to the wine. That will extend
your shelf life quite a bit, but I'm not sure even
they would last for a year- any I have never stays
around that long ;-)

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,