[Sca-cooks] impoverished college students

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sun May 5 21:27:45 PDT 2002

The Paston letters are fascinating. The son asks for money, the mother
sends clothes, the mother writes to ask his teachers if he is applying
himself, the son assures her that he is and asks for money, the mother
points out that his father slaved all his life to provide him with this
opportunity and he'd better appreciate it, and sends some money...

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Anne

(Sorry, I don't know how to do the accents...)