[Sca-cooks] yet another new topic (TM)

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon May 6 08:50:15 PDT 2002

You might want to try and see a  copy of
Ken Albala's Eating Right in the Renaissance which
does cover all aspects of dietary literature
including in his chapter 4 on "External factors"
"that  is one can seek out better air, get more
or less exercise, or have  more or less sex in order
to alter the humoral balance of the body." He refers
 to these as the six non-naturals.
The book is new this spring from the University of
California press. Massive bibliography in this one.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

 what I am thinking and wondering about- do we know of similar