[Sca-cooks] Spring plantings

Collette S. Waters collette at kricket.net
Mon May 6 16:53:33 PDT 2002

Gee -spring has sprung and we are headed into the summer with highs of lower
90's and lows in the upper 70's - snow is only a concept to me (-:
I've got tomatoes( sweet 100's & brandywine), peppers (bell, casabella,
cubella, yellow bananna), watermelons, yellow crook neck squash, melon, and
eggplant planted. I got a late start I should have planted in March.  In the
herb beds I have rosemary , lavendar, basils, organeo, lemon balm, mints and
more mints, pineapple sage, sage, tarrogon, mexican mint marigolds, pot
marigolds, parsley, chives, spring onions, violets, lemon grass, lemon
verbena, st john'ss wort, bouncing bets, hyssops, anise hyssops, tansy,
elcampane and dill.  The cool weather plants are about to go and the hot
weather plants are just getting settled in good.  The thyme croaked.
I still have lavendars, and rosemarys to set out and have to figure out what
to do with the chasteberry trees.
Begga Elisabeth