[Sca-cooks] Spring plantings

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue May 7 06:49:56 PDT 2002

Sigh. I don't actually *have* a garden (comes of buying the house with two
mature elms in the back yard) but I have a red currant bush which is now
in it's third year and covered with flowers. Last year I harvested about a
half-cup of the things, hopefully this year there will be enough to do
something with.

The raspberries have come back, but I am planning on moving them so I can
use the tiny plot where they live for herbs. The catnip of course is back,
some of the lavendar is back (yay!) and the mint is happy. I figure that
I'll just let those three fight it out for dominance. If the rosebush
doesn't bloom this year, it's history.

I think I'm going to try peppers in the window box again, like last year,
but this year I will endeavor to buy a variety I can actually name. ;-)

And I'm trying to convince my love to plant some elderberry bushes at his
place, since he's been talking about extending the privacy hedge anyway.

Margaret