[Sca-cooks] Spring plantings

Christina L Biles bilescl at okstate.edu
Tue May 7 07:20:36 PDT 2002

> It's High Spring and I haven't seen much on the list of who's planting
what.
> Akim

We just finished the last of the garden beds last weekend.  Well, ok, Ox
finished the last of the garden beds for me.  ;>  Currently I have,
tomatoes, green bells and orange bells, tabasco, jalapeno, and habanero
peppers (assuming they decide to live after all), basil seedlings, dill,
rosemary, parsley, the amazing oregano plant, sage, marigolds, hops,
gillyflowers, bolting cilantro, 2 kinds of lettuce, radishes, summer
squash, lemon cucumber seedlings everywhere, fennel, irises, lillies, and
daffodils.  The bed of various mints keeps questing for new conquests.   I
also have peas & carrots, but I think I put them in too late to do much.

Hopefully this week I'll get to plant the winter squash, more marigolds,
calendula, violas, lavender, chives, anise, hyssop, anise hyssop, and lots
more.   I need to buy bulbs for around the fence, strawberries for the
strawberry bed, vines for the fences (along with rooting a few honeysuckle
cuttings), and a new rose for the front rose garden.  I'm thinking about
an Apothecary's rose, if I can find one on it's own roots.

-Magdalena