[Sca-cooks] Stewing a turkey

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu May 9 20:26:15 PDT 2002

At 09:54 PM 5/9/2002, you wrote:
>Can someone give me guidelines as to how long it would take to
>stew a turkey breast in the 6-8 pound range?

Until it's cooked!  LOL

it really depends on many things, but typically, there's two stages to
stewing.  First, you cook the thing, and that can go fairly fast.  The
second stage is where it starts to relax and actually get tender.

You may want to think one hour to one and a half hour, but that's a very
general number...  Check it after half an hour and keep checking.

Good luck

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom