[Sca-cooks] Gytha's Cooking Safety Tip of the Day:

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri May 10 13:28:06 PDT 2002

Jared The Frantic Autocrat wrote:

> Important safety tip.  Thanks for the help, Gytha!  <grin>  (I slipped
> into Ghostbusters, but I'm back now) I'm glad everything's all right.  I
> have to admit, though, that, when I'm in a hurry to do something, I
> -don't- think about what metals our pots are.
>
> Selene dearest, do we even -have- a double boiler?

Yes, but the pot and the inner bowl are usually found separatley.  Remember the
smallish metal bowl with the rim that makes sort of handles?  That came with
the Revereware pots, a wedding present, lo these decades ago.  I can't think of
the last time I actually used a double boiler as such, although I get tempted
to find a way to make a BIG one for NOT scorching a big pot of spaghetti sauce.

Maggie: Yikes!  Was that anytime recently?

One of the coolest things I used to own was a [get this] microwave pressure
cooker.  The gasket gave out finally, and I miss it.  Throw in rock-hard frozen
chicken, a little water and a sliced onion, and half an hour later it's
dinner.  Woo hoo!

Selene, Caid