[Sca-cooks] It's Kristianne!

AnnaMarie wolfsong at ida.net
Sun May 12 12:27:44 PDT 2002

From: "Karen O" <kareno at lewistown.net>

>     So cool to see you on the List!!  Welcome!!  welcome!!  Everybody,
this
> woman is WONDERFUL!!  She out Marthas Martha!

Ummmm, YIKES!!!  Now I've got to live up to that?<g>

>     BTW  I have a huge "camping wok" that is buried somewhere that could
> work for you  -- an early present from my daughter when I first joined the
> SCA.   Maybe I can find it between now & Uprising.

Hmmm....  Am going shopping tomorrow for a really big wok but if it works
we're going to want two so hunt away.  The plan is to do period food with
period cooking methods at Uprising 2003, so lots of experimenting going to
happen this year.  I'm going to pick up some lamb tomorrow and try various
lamb jerky recipes.  Alan says he'll taste stuff <g>

 On another note I just purchased the cutest little pot bellied grill at
Cost Plus World Import Market (dangerous place) and also purchased a terra
cotta drip plate and a terra cotta pot.  I'm thawing out some bread dough as
we speak and if all goes well I'm going to try to bake bread in this
contraption.  It goes like this, fire up charcoal in cute grill, put terra
cotta drip plate and pot upside down on drip plate on top of the grill....
heat up to a goodly temperature and then plop round bread dough loaf inside.

Cross your fingers folks, I've never even read of anything like this so it's
a grand experiment.  Might get bread, might get brick, never know!

Kristianne
Wolf Song Day Spa and Herb Shop