[Sca-cooks] Introduction and Question

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Sun May 12 14:18:38 PDT 2002

> However.... I did just vist the Andulasian cookbook (Thank's Cariadoc) and
> believe I might fiddle with either the root syrup or the mint syrup and see
> if I can come up with one that works for me with less honey/sugar.

Try making the mint syrup with lemon balm substituting for the mint.  It
comes out tasting like a rather tart lemonade and not highly sweet and is
rather good for you besides.  Since mint contains its own sugar and
compliments the sugar in the syrup, I have also had a problem with the sweet
taste but the lemon balm substitute works just fine for me either cold or
hot.

Constance