[Sca-cooks] my find for the weekend

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon May 13 06:46:06 PDT 2002

>On the weekend I went to the coast to enjoy some sun and sand before the
>winter really descends.  I went for a drive to a little town called Tilba
>Tilba, and there, in this tiny town with I would guess a population of less
>than 300, I found... lump beet sugar!
>
>Mind you, it is $30 a kilo, which is certainly the most expensive sugar I
>have ever bought, but I am looking forward to experimenting with it, and
>now that I have a brand name for it (cosmorex, much to my surprise) maybe I
>can track some down here at home for a more reasonable price.
>
>Kiriel

Great find!  Having never seen it, I have to ask stuff like what colour is
it?  and does it taste a bit different?  How does the texture compare, etc.
Please keep us posted on what you do with it and how the results differ (or
not) from regular sugar.  At that cost I am sure it will be judiciously used
so we probably won't hear anything till you have something special to
prepare.
Olwen