[Sca-cooks] newbie and help needed

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue May 14 09:55:32 PDT 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002 16:20:36 +0000 anna lichorad <alichorad at hotmail.com> wrote:

"One other question, does anyone paint on the sugarpaste or do most people leave it as is? Thanks in advance."

Isbelot de Forenz
(mka Anna Lichorad, MD)

HM Alys Katherine is the sugarplate expert on this list, but I think I can answer your second question.  The recipes I have seen for sugarpaste call for the colors (if any) to be added to the dough.  One recipe (might be from one of the post-period  sources) had flat rectangles of sugarplate in different colors rolled up together, then sliced, making multicolor pinwheel patterns.  But if you wanted to do some detail work, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to paint sugarpaste.

Brighid ni Chiarain