[Sca-cooks] newbie and help needed

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 10:37:11 PDT 2002

--- Robin Carroll-Mann <rcmann4 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 May 2002 16:20:36 +0000 anna lichorad
> <alichorad at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> "One other question, does anyone paint on the
> sugarpaste or do most people leave it as is? Thanks
> in advance."
>
> Isbelot de Forenz
> (mka Anna Lichorad, MD)

Jeeze, is our cooking so bad that the MDs are ready
before we start?

;-)

> HM Alys Katherine is the sugarplate expert on this
> list,

Alys, didn't you have some hand outs on sugar paste?
If you have them on line, they might be helpful for
Isbelot. Of course, if you Don't have them online, I
know better than to expect you to have time to put
them there any time before this winter ;-)

I do remember, though, getting a nice collection of
newsletters from you way back when. If you put them on
line, I bet Stefan might just find the space to file
them ;-)

Isbelot- have you looked in Stefan's Florilegium? I
think Alys has a couple of articles there which might
help you. Sugar paste and confections aren't my thing,
but I do enjoy and read about other's efforts.

Phlip

> but I think I can answer your second question.
>  The recipes I have seen for sugarpaste call for the
> colors (if any) to be added to the dough.  One
> recipe (might be from one of the post-period
> sources) had flat rectangles of sugarplate in
> different colors rolled up together, then sliced,
> making multicolor pinwheel patterns.  But if you
> wanted to do some detail work, I don't see why it
> wouldn't be possible to paint sugarpaste.
>
> Brighid ni Chiarain

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,