[Sca-cooks] Re: who's going to Pennsic

Sudden Service #5 sudnserv5 at netway.com
Wed May 15 19:33:14 PDT 2002

Hej!
    I will be there & plan to make it to the Cook's Pot Luck again this
year.  Now is probably the time to start my "Cook Book Shopping List" this
year.  So Here is the question: What cook books would you advise me to buy.
I am a semi beginner at period cooking, I do not redact my own recipes.  My
interest is in Northern European early period dishes (especially
Scandinavian). I currently have the following books:  Two 15th Century Cook
Books; Libellus de arte coquinaria; To the King's Taste; Pleyn Delit;  Take
A Thousand Eggs or More; Cariadoc's Miscelleny;  A Second Handbook of
Anglo-Saxon Food & Drink; Eating Shakespeare; Food & Feast in Medieval
England & Food & Feast in Tudor England.
Pax,
Olaf