[Sca-cooks] Quince Paste

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sat May 18 08:49:29 PDT 2002

> Daniel Myers commented:
> >  I haven't tried quince paste yet, but I'm ready to now. <> Yes, Akim's
quince paste was quite nice. It was the first taste of this for many of us.
I only wish I'd abscounded with some of it to bring home...<

    Sorry if I am asking for repeats of previous messages,  but I hadn't
been paying attention to this particular thread of conversation . . . .BUT
Just a couple days ago I was asked to step in to be Head Cook for an event
in July  -- could I make a Mediterrean type menu ?   I'm concentrating on
Porteguese, Spainish, Moorish/Islamic and Italian.  I've found some recipe
ideas using quince paste, where could I buy some?

    Remember I live in Rural Montana, ain't no ethnic part of a city this
away  -- so I am looking for mail order/DOT com  sites.

    And a very big THANKYOU!!  THANKYOU!!!  to HL Stephan for the
Flori-thingy!!  I've gotten most of the recipe ideas from there .
    Thank you !!
    Caointiarn