[Sca-cooks] Irish/Scottish cheese mixup

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Sun May 19 01:34:26 PDT 2002

> > Yummm... I have a chuck o'Blarney in my fridge
> > right now. It makes great Heidi-toast!
>
> "Heidi-toast"? What's that? Is that where you give your toddler the
> toast, turn around for something, and when you turn back to your
> toddler the toast is gone. But you're certain he didn't eat it? :-)

   Uh, sort of.  I'd forgotten, as often as we used the phrase in my home,
that it's a leftover from my sons' babyhood... see, Mom (that's me) reads
stories out loud to good little boys who have a clean room at bedtime. And
after all the standards, (Dr. Suess, The Hobbit, Winnie the Pooh, The
Lensmen Series... )  I read them one of my childhood favorites - Heidi.
   Remember the part where her grandfather takes great slabs of cheese and
roasts them, then lays the cheese on a chunk of bread? In our house, that
would be "Texas toast" or homemade bread covered with thick slices of cheese
then oven roasted on the top rack until just starting to bubble and brown.

Sorry about that.

Rosine
(don't ask about duckie biscuits.)