[Sca-cooks] Cheese & coolers (was:Lackeys and Refrigeration)

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Tue May 21 00:58:54 PDT 2002

   Speaking of coolers.... has anyone found a truly useable method of
storing cheese in a cooler? Because we haven't found a Ziplock bag that
didn't leak or a tupperware container that everyone could successfully seal,
and there's nothing quite so disheartening as wet and runny cheese.
   (My hubby and I, now that the kids are grown and we're not in charge of a
kitchen for our Clan, have no cheese problems unless I forget the upper
insert for our cooler. It's friends with kids who we camp with during the
year, and our Pennsic group kitchen which now have the problem. I'd love to
be able to pass on a suggestion.)
   IS there any cure for clueless folks who drop the cheese containers into
the ice[water] or pour fresh ice _on top_ of the cheese, or is this just one
of those things destined to be "camping hassles we live with", like ants?

Rosine