[Sca-cooks] Cheese & coolers (was:Lackeys and Refrigeration)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue May 21 01:10:20 PDT 2002

At 03:58 AM 5/21/02 -0400, you wrote:
>   Speaking of coolers.... has anyone found a truly useable method of
>storing cheese in a cooler? Because we haven't found a Ziplock bag that
>didn't leak or a tupperware container that everyone could successfully seal,
>and there's nothing quite so disheartening as wet and runny cheese.
>
>Rosine

This may be redundant, but have you tried double-bagging in ziploc? The
other day when I tried to ice my hand, I put the ice in a ziploc and ended
up with cold water all over. But when I double-bagged, the little bit of
leakage was easily contained by the second bag.

You can also put a film of saran wrap over your tupperware bowl, _then_ put
teh lid on. I've done it- works well.

I have trouble keeping fresh veggies cool enough without burning them with
the ice, or having them get soggy. And having all of your ice in plastic
jugs or the blue bags just isn't quite as effective as a couple bags of
crushed. So anything at the bottom is eventually swimming...

'Lainie, who is _not_ going to Egils Tourney this year, and feeling
curiously relieved...