[Sca-cooks] Cooking Like a 3-Star Chef in Your Own Home(Almost) - OOP, Not e ntirely OT

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue May 21 09:35:15 PDT 2002

Patrick McKinnion wrote:

> > Feh. I guess this guy doesn't seem to realize that there are a metric
> > butt-ton of home cooks who happen to be able to cook like this, and actually
> > do wierd things like make and freeze stocks, keep little pots of fresh herbs
> > on teh windowsill and can actually make something like this particular meal
> > in the required amount of time. Even to prepping the potatoes and soaking
> > them in cream before going to work so they can make the dish when they
> > actualyl get home.
>
>     Yeah, but how many of these wonder chefs can redact a recipe from period
> sources, translate cultural and lingistic shifts from that time, figure out
> the closet modern versions of the items in question, and then prepare the
> results in conditions ranging from rec centre kitchens to campfires ???
>
>     - Padraig o Connell

Just in your own household?  Two or three, depending how energetic Jared felt.
Just wait'll Twelfth Night, bubba! We discovered dry-aged meats at the Whole Foods
Market in Porter Ranch.  Probably a good third of this list at least could give
this guy a run for his money.

We are the wonder chefs of the SCA-Cooks List.  We can do everything with nothing
- and have!

Selene in Caid, justifiably proud of her fellow cookpeople