[Sca-cooks] Cheese & coolers

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue May 21 22:51:13 PDT 2002

Rosine said:
> Thanks to everyone, by the way, who mentioned glass/plastic jars with screw
> lids. Miricle Whip comes in a squarish plastic jar , which would be perfect
> for blocks of cheese, and I believe that I'll get a few to gift to our
> baronial kitchen (and maybe a few friends).

Wow. You go through that many jars of Miricle Whip? I like the idea.
I was wondering if my wife (since I don't like mayonnaise) would even
go through one jar before Pennsic. In a group, these jars with screw
lids have advantages, since almost anyone can tell how to close a jar
with a screw lid, whereas some of those plastic box type containers
can be surprisingly difficult to get completely sealed, even if you've
worked with that particular brand before.

And many of the plastic storage containers don't seem to seal very
well.

I've seen glass wide-mouthed canning jars. I don't imagine they make
these in plastic, though. :-(

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net