[Sca-cooks] Cheese & coolers

'bella ldybella at earthlink.net
Wed May 22 02:00:05 PDT 2002

Stefan....  I have NO shame.. I beg jars from my neighbors, I
dumpster dive..
ask at the grocery store... or a deli... hot water, a bit of soap
and ammonia
can bring back most jars... cannot speak for the dumpster though,
it, Iam sure
is a lost cause.. but they hold so many 'treasures' that I
forgive them for
being dumpsters..
'bella

: Wow. You go through that many jars of Miricle Whip? I like the
idea.
: I was wondering if my wife (since I don't like mayonnaise)
would even
: go through one jar before Pennsic. In a group, these jars with
screw
: lids have advantages, since almost anyone can tell how to close
a jar
: with a screw lid, whereas some of those plastic box type
containers
: can be surprisingly difficult to get completely sealed, even if
you've
: worked with that particular brand before.
:
: And many of the plastic storage containers don't seem to seal
very
: well.
:
: I've seen glass wide-mouthed canning jars. I don't imagine they
make
: these in plastic, though. :-(
:
: --
: THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of
Ansteorra
:    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas
stefan at texas.net
: **** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
http://www.florilegium.org ****
: Sca-cooks mailing list