[Sca-cooks] 'Coons and chickens...

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Wed May 22 08:17:01 PDT 2002

Depending on how good you at shooting, may have another suggestion.  My Mom just walk in and I was telling her about your message and I knew she has had problems with coons and possums in her coop too.  So I asked how she dealt with it.  .357 and a bowl mixed with yolk and whites from eggs and toxic anti-freeze.  Just leave it out at night and bring it in the morning.  Coons disappeared.  I know, not the nicest way to deal with them but you got to do what you got to do.  Coons was ripping heads off the chickens and leaving the bodies and the area was known for rabies, so getting rid of a problem before it got out of hand.  Hope this helps, Aurore