[Sca-cooks] Cheese & coolers

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed May 22 22:51:17 PDT 2002

Kiri asked:
> Along those lines, I have a question that I hope won't upset anyone.  As we
> have multiple cats, we purchase cat litter in the large economy-size
> containers.  Of late, we've been getting a variety that comes in a container
> that would be perfect to put water in for freezing and drinking later (at
> Pennsic).  If I were to thoroughly clean these containers, using clorox or
> something similar to make sure I've gotten any nasties out, is the container
> itself food safe?   I've searched the can thoroughly and can't find a
> statement either way....

I don't see why not. The clay in them is a clean compound. I assume you
are not putting the used litter back in them...:->

We have often bought some of our litter in tubs that are about
eight to ten inches square and twenty or so high. They often have
reasonable removable/reuseable tops. I use a pair of these to carry
around my pewter class supplies and another for holding other SCA
camping stuff. They have handles and they have a square cross section
so they pack in the van well.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net