[Sca-cooks] Food Origins

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Thu May 23 07:43:42 PDT 2002

    Why would it cost a lot? Just get one of the hunters in your group to go
out and bring one home . . .just like in period! Assuming, of course, that
you're in an area where they're found . . .
    And if you REALLY want to do it up right, be there for the butchering,
and pull the various organs for freezing. As I recall, after the hunt, there
was a huge ceremony where the different parts were presented to feast
attendees, with much pomp. There were very strict rules about who got what
based on precedence and whatnot. I remember reading several of them in
various Chansons. Now, THAT would make for a truly memorable feast.
    One of the side benefits of this, I might add, would be a very large
(and hopefully not shot full of too many holes) Elk hide. You simply can't
believe what it's like to lay down on one . . .

    Sieggy