[Sca-cooks] OOP fillings for phyllo purses?

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri May 24 21:59:38 PDT 2002

You could do some sort of sweet version of tiropitas....keep the
(ricotta) cheese filling, but use sweet spices, and maybe some sort of
nut (walnuts? pinenuts? pistachios?) or fruit--currants, or bits of
orange zest, or something.  Or a filling based on cream cheese, which
might be less apt to de-crisp the filo.  Or some sort of very-rich
custardy something.  Or....
Okay, I'm stopping now.  I'm making myself *really* hungry.  'Nite.
--Maire (who's helplessly imagining little filo "horns" filled with
Gunthar's espresso/chocolate creme brulee, without the brulee part, but
*definitely* with the raspberries)