[Sca-cooks] Face it- we're ALL Ruled by Cooks!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed May 29 19:24:18 PDT 2002

At 01:15 PM 5/29/02 -0700, you sat on a tuffet, and wrote:

>    Well, average SCA wide, for a 36 year period, from initial AoA to
>initial Pelican is 7.83 years, and for a Laurel 6.03 years.   (AoA to
>KSCA/MSCA is 4.03 years.)   Howeverm the averages have been going up.   In
>the 1990-1999 period, it was 9.28 years for Pelicans, 7.52 for Laurels, and
>5.49 years for KSCA/MSCA.
>
>    However, these are averages, and there are always people at different
>ends of that bell curve.    For example, using Caid as an example, the
>fastest amount of time between 1990-99 from AoA to Pelican was 3 years.
>Slowest was 26 years.   Which made an average of 10.30 years.

Ok- let's get real now. you are using the numbers from those who have been
elevated. Just to remind folks- there are many, many more, who will never
attain peerage. There are many who may get an AoA and nothing more. Ever.
Or maybe they will get a Grant. But the peerages are not the average, by
any means.

For every guy in a Yankees uniform, annoying Master A, there are millions
of kids and teens and middle-aged guys in sweats who will swing a bat and
never attain any more greatness than the adulation of their buddies for
knocking one into the neighbor's pool. And their little boys will play
Little League and dream, but they will grow up to be accountants, and
dentists, and baristas and garbagemen and cops... and this is ok. It's how
the world works.

Just saying this to remind myself as much as anyone else.

'Lainie
my AoA is old enough to legally marry under Canon Law...