[Sca-cooks] Face it- we're ALL Ruled by Cooks!

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Wed May 29 21:33:22 PDT 2002

On 5/29/02 8:01 PM, "Philippa Alderton" <phlip_u at yahoo.com>  sat on a
tribble, which squeaked:

> OK, well, this holds true for much of SCA, but how do
> you account for folks such as Duke Ansdrew of
> Seldomrest, who wasd Knighted within 6 mos. of joining
> SCA? (Yes, it's true- he told me?) In fact, he never
> got his AoA- I was working out some shtick with the
> Royalty to give him one shortly before hisd death.

    Well, when I found cases like that, I went with the earliest AoA or
higher-level award.   Which means, (esp. With some of the earliest people),
if their first award was their Knighthood, it was recorded as 0 years
between the two.

    There was a case, (I believe in An Tir), where someone showed a day
between their knighthood and their AoA.   Turns out they were on their vigil
when word about them not having an AoA was discovered.   So they received
their AoA the night before their knighting.

    And I have to point out this - I'm not doing this project to discourage
people.   I'm not doing it because I'm out to get anything - or anyone.   I
don't have an agenda other than simple curiousness.   It started because
someone asked me a question, I looked at the Caid OP to answer it, got
curious how it compared to other kingdoms, and it snowballed from there.   I
do get people who wonder what my "agenda" on this project is, it's because I
was curious.   (and it has led into an A&S project, both for the data, and
as a study of statistics as a period science.)

    - Padraig o Connell

"What did you do to the cat? It looks half-dead." --Schrodinger's wife