[Sca-cooks] Healthy SCA cooking

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu May 30 13:25:04 PDT 2002

At 11:21 AM 5/30/02,Susan Fox-Davis said something like:
>[ObFood]  Both Gull and I are looking for low-carb, low-cal, SCA-acceptable
>recipes.  Some of us sea-birds are just a little too, erm, buoyant.  In the
>low-carb but not so low-cal column, I cooked up a nice cheesy goo Fondue for
>Gull's vigil eve. OK maybe Digby didn't put a whole bottle of champagne
>into his
>but nobody was arguing, just searching the camp for more things to dip
>into it.
>Yummmm.
>
>Selene, Caid

There's always the meat chunks on a stick bathed in various sauces.

I seem to recall Selene has made a quiche with sallat greens, that can be
adjusted to be low carb and low cal, not to mention filthy loaded with
healthy greens.  There are other various dishes around the florigelium and
such that call for greens cooked up with fun stuff.

The challenge, and one that I can think of no solution for, is for
sweets/desserts.

How would you address that in an SCA fashion??????

This could be very interesting to discuss.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.