[Sca-cooks] Freezing cookies and candies

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu May 30 21:46:18 PDT 2002

Brighid ni Chiarain asked:
> I need to bring an assortment of goodies to Pennsic, and I would
> like to make as much as possible in advance.  I want to know what
> I can safely freeze.  Possibilities include:
>
> bizcochos (egg yolks, whole eggs, wheat starch sugar)
> various candies (honey and/or sugar, nuts, possibly spices)
> peach pits (marzipan, almonds, cinnamon [Olwen, remember that
> *I* care what they taste like])
>
> Will they freeze well -- and how long will they last after thawing?

I'd think that some of these, such as the pearch pits and the candies
would work fine simply by putting them in an air tight container,
without freezing them.

The problem that I can see with freezing them is that as they thaw
they might pick up condensation from the air. While they are frozen
they may not absorb any moisture.

As to how long will they last after thawing? I think it matters
how many of us are around. :-)

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net