[Sca-cooks] Face it- we're ALL Ruled by Cooks!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu May 30 22:04:16 PDT 2002

Selene of Caid replied to me with:
> > Luckily most Crown Princesses have already met the requirements
> > needed for an AoA, before they enter Crown Tournament.  If they
> > haven't, then they should probably not be entered in the Crown
> > Tournament. But that is not a requirement.
>
> Interkingdom Anthro:  it is here.  To be a Combatant OR CONSORT in Crown
> Lists, one must be a paying member, attend a certain minimum number of
> events in the preceding six months, have name and device at least
> submitted to the College of Heralds.

Thank you for the correction.

I'm happy to see that at least one kingdom has these requirements. I
think such requirements are beneficial to both the Kingdom and to
the prospective consort. Being Royalty is a rough job with a lot of
folks trying to pull you this way and that. I feel sorry for the
person new to the SCA who gets dropped into the middle of this. What
a way to lose "The Dream" fast or never have the chance to become
their own person in the SCA.

The end result is that that consort may be so burned out after their
time on the throne that they drop out of the Society. And both they
and the SCA lose.

And for similar reasons, giving someone an AoA simply because they
are or soon will be Princess, also does neither them nor the Society
any good. The same for knighting the winner. However, I still think
the fastest way to Knighthood is often to win Crown. (Of course
winning Crown often works also. :-) )

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net