[Sca-cooks] Crown Tourney menu

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Nov 2 05:23:47 PST 2002

In a message dated 10/30/2002 10:06:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:

> Armoured Turnips

Has anyone noticed that, here in the East at least, we seem to be going
through the periodic fad for armoured turnips again?  I didn't see them at
events for quite a while, or maybe once or twice a year, but this year I
think every feast I've attended since May, with the exception of the
Coronation feast in September, has had one variation or another of armoured
turnips.
Not that I mind, I like them - well most of the time; one of the variants I
encountered used a mixture of homemade Cheddar and homemade Feta, in far too
large a quantity, and to me, was so salty as to be nearly inedible.  (The
cheese itself was excellent; I said several times over that I could make a
meal just on the cheddar.  It was the combination and the overall quantity
that killed it for me.)  Other people at the same feast said they really
enjoyed them, though.

Brangwayna Morgan