[Sca-cooks] Exhaustion at the A-ok coral...

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Mon Nov 4 03:55:12 PST 2002

Hello Peeples!

Just abandoning the sewing for a little while and touching base with the
real world again!

Have just finished my court dress for the upcoming "elevation de Drakey" and
it's looking good! deep red velveteen italian with discrete black braid
highlightening the neck line; worn over a fine linen chermise decorated at
neck and wrists by some blackwork that Drake made for me (matching the
favour he made for me a number of years back now).  I've left the lower
sleeves open (they're lined with black) and figure I can manage to roll up
my sleeves and get in a spot of pot washing by the end of the night ;-)

Am very tired (I just don't seem to be able to organise myself to do
*anything* ahead of schedule except cooking! - see! OFC!! :-p) but still
have Drakey's elevation gift to finish (fingers crossed that the sewing
machine holds out long enough to get all the satin stitch embrodiery done -
it's currently making a "funny" cluncky noise :-l)

Am planning on grabbing a disposal camera to take to the event and hopefully
finding someone to take selective pictures (hint - at least *one* of
Drakey's hands to prove that they're pink (ish) again :-p). He's currently
off work and I *hope* madly sewing his own garb (or helping whoever is madly
sewing his garb :-p) - am devoutly hoping that no "Drake-isms" occur until
*after* next saturday - but stay tuned to hear about them if they do!

Okay - back to the sewing <urgle... eyes are gummy from lack of sleep...
fingers painful from needle stabs when hand stitching>

Mari