[Sca-cooks] Exhaustion at the A-ok coral...

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Nov 4 04:08:13 PST 2002

Yep.  And here I am at work at 11:00pm at night.  I have this week off
but I've popped in to finish something off.

> Have just finished my court dress for the upcoming "elevation de
Drakey"
> and
> it's looking good! deep red velveteen italian with discrete black
braid
> highlightening the neck line; worn over a fine linen chermise
decorated at
> neck and wrists by some blackwork that Drake made for me (matching the
> favour he made for me a number of years back now).  I've left the
lower
> sleeves open (they're lined with black) and figure I can manage to
roll up
> my sleeves and get in a spot of pot washing by the end of the night
;-)

Your garb sounds amazing my dear...

Woo Hoo...  My garb is close to done.  A very wonderful women has
stepped in at the last minute to help (I would not have remotely managed
on my own).  The shirt is done, the doublet only needs to have 20
buttons and 20 rings (lacing points) to go.

Tomorrow, the pants get done and we're all finished on that front.

> Am very tired (I just don't seem to be able to organise myself to do
> *anything* ahead of schedule except cooking! - see! OFC!! :-p) but
still
> have Drakey's elevation gift to finish (fingers crossed that the
sewing
> machine holds out long enough to get all the satin stitch embrodiery
done

Cool.  I'm touched.

> -
> it's currently making a "funny" cluncky noise :-l)

O dear.

> Am planning on grabbing a disposal camera to take to the event and
> hopefully
> finding someone to take selective pictures

Kiriel's hoping to bring her camera.  Someone else will have to take
pictures as she'll be court herald.

(hint - at least *one* of
> Drakey's hands to prove that they're pink (ish) again :-p). He's
currently
> off work and I *hope* madly sewing his own garb (or helping whoever is
> madly
> sewing his garb :-p) - am devoutly hoping that no "Drake-isms" occur
until
> *after* next saturday - but stay tuned to hear about them if they do!

See above.  Everything is going fine and ahead of schedule.  Apprentice
belts are fully done and awaiting devices from my father (a figurine
painter par excellance)

Hands are fully pink again apart from some very faint traces of green on
my nails...

> Okay - back to the sewing <urgle... eyes are gummy from lack of
sleep...
> fingers painful from needle stabs when hand stitching>

I know that feeling.  I've been hand sewing all day...

Drake.

Ps.  The thing I am struggling with the most is the irrational thoughts
of "why am I doing this" and 'am I good enough"...