[Sca-cooks] Exhaustion at the A-ok coral...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Nov 4 07:20:09 PST 2002

At 09:55 PM 11/4/02 +1000, you wrote:

>Am very tired (I just don't seem to be able to organise myself to do
>*anything* ahead of schedule except cooking! - see! OFC!! :-p) but still
>have Drakey's elevation gift to finish (fingers crossed that the sewing
>machine holds out long enough to get all the satin stitch embrodiery done -
>it's currently making a "funny" cluncky noise :-l)

Emergency fix- take out the bobbin- take apart the assembly underneath
(shuttle and race). Clean out the gunk- if you've been working with
velvet/een you undoubtedly have fuzz/felt gumming things up. Use a cotton
swab with a bit of oil on the tip. Then get out your favorite can of WD-40.
Light spritz, then gun the motor and spritz while it's running. Run it for
a good 30 seconds or so. Wip eoff the excess oil. Clean the shuttle and
race, wipe down with oil, wipe off excess. Put them back together. Put
bobbin back in. Now- with the bobbin back in and the thread re-threaded and
all, put a paper towel in as though it were fabric, and sew back and forth,
various stitches. This will pick up excess oil that is in the assembly so
it doesn't get on your fabric. The 'clunking' should go away.

'OFC'- go treat yourself to some chocolate! Then clean your hands and got
back to work!

'Lainie