[Sca-cooks] tempura anything

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Tue Nov 26 06:25:11 PST 2002

Rob makes a basic tempura setup, and slices the sweet potatoes about one
quarter of an inch thick, ice waters them for about 10 minutes and then pats
them dry and fries them like regular tempura. I think there are boxes of
tempurah premix out, but we get rice flour from a specialty store and use
it. He will change it and spice it up with black pepper, cayenne, sea salt
and whatever strikes his fancy. Sometimes we make a basic soy
sauce/garlic/wasabi dipping sauce if the batter makings aren't spiced up. We
frequently do this with cubes of cubed steak, cauliflower/broccoli florette
mix and green beans.
margali

the quote starts here:
>deep fried tempura sweet potato slices, margali

Margali, what is this and how do you make it?  My kids friends are
vegetarinan/vegan so it may be nice to have an alternative for them.
Olwen