[Sca-cooks] colours of belts etc

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 3 14:42:03 PST 2002

>>Purple and orange _paining_ outfit? On whom are you inflicting pain???
>>Hey, Stefan....got a file on this one? <g>

Well, I've mentioned this file previously:
punishments-msg   (30K)  9/23/01    Period tortures, executions and punishments.
But I don't think this particular one is in there. Maire, you're not a Celt,
are you? :-)

>>--maire "just a plain 'ole laurel" ni nuanain
>
> Not Plain Ol'. I have it on good authority (from a Pelican who managed to
> escape Artemisia's clutches- bwahaha!!!) that you do exquisite embroidery
> and beautiful costumes and are anything but plain. So there.
>
> And I'm the one who has spent the past few days up and down the stepstool,
> breathing fumes and getting schoolbus yellow under my nails. My back says
> this is definitely 'paining'.

Just be glad you are not doing this with period paints you've made yourself.
Some (most?) of the period compounds were not nice to deal with. Something
closer to Margali's hazmat experiences:

pigments-msg      (48K)  6/ 3/99    Period pigments. Modern sources. Safety.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com