[Sca-cooks] Re: MetalSmiths Symposium -

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Nov 4 19:45:56 PST 2002

Brekke skrev:

> So make it a biannual event.  Won't be the first one, or the only one.
Locally, we have an event held at the autocrat's whim (whenever they recover
form the last one).  It's fun, but you usually need a red or white belt to
play in their kitchen.  (Fighting Cooks of Ostgardr get special
dispensation, but I joined WELL before ladies fought, and I'm too old, too
fat, and MUCH too disinclined to try, now...)  So I simply attend, and have
a good time.

Well, we COULD do that, but the people I've talked to (not Olaf's group, but
rather the teachers) really would like to do it again next year. t looks
like we're going to be an event, looking for a location ;-)

Several of us are also interested in forming a Metalworker's Guild- anybody
who has formed a guild, please feel free to make suggestions. What I'd like
to do, is try to set things up so we have a minimum of negative politics,
and a maximum of positive encouragement and teaching for metalworkers of all
skill levels and metal related interests, with a welcoming environment for
people out of the Kingdom, and even non-SCAdians.

Any ideas, folks?

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,